With the clutch on the only thing left was to get the transmission attached. What a complete pain it turned out to be. Precise alignment was needed and in doing so, I found that I had to remove the flange for the drive shaft. A bit out of the way, but after 2.5hrs it was finally on and bolted down. Side note, let me just profess my undying hatred for axle grease. It gets EVERYWHERE! such a complain annoyance. But I digress.
With the transmission on, the next thing was to move onto the exhaust header. First thing I noticed was that there was no O2 bung. After removing all the old studs from new motor and inserted the new, longer stainless steel ones, I continued to think about all that would entail getting the exhaust header to work as well as the difficulties of smog inspections every 2 years. With no O2 bung on the header, I would have t code out the sensor (if even possible), from there, I would need a tune so that it wouldnt run lean. Being that I’m at least a month away from being tuned for my IE intake manifold, I didnt feel safe running around untuned for at least a month. Then comes the smog inspection every 2 years; Head to a local tuner shop, detune, return home, unbolt header (which is already a pain when the motor is in), reinsert the OEM header, get inspected, pass smog, unbolt OEM header, reinstall the Euojet header, return to shop to get reflashed. i knew at that point, for me, it simply wasnt worth it. So up for sale, it went. Sad, cause I was looking forward to the sound and some mild gain. But all in all, I know its a better choice.
At this point, its time to button up the intake side, belts and a few other tid-bits, then its time to mount up.